Destination Canada – Canada Shared Event
The Atlantic Canada Tourism Partnership (ACTP) was a partner in the Canada Shared event held March 2-3, 2016 in London, England. The biennial networking and educational event took place at the newly renovated Canada House in Trafalgar Square. Thirty-nine Canadian Signature Experiences (CSE) members were hosted in London by Destination Canada. ACTP and provincial representatives also participated, along with key UK media and travel trade contacts.
The event provided CSE members the opportunity to learn about doing business in the UK market and network with top tour operators, travel agents and media. French and German trade contacts also participated this year.
Several small events took place over two days, including:
• Canada Specialist Program Roadshow, an opportunity for CSE members to meet front line travel agents.
• Panel discussion to enhance knowledge among CSE members of working directly with UK trade and increasing business.
• Media luncheon.
• Pre-scheduled tradeshow format meetings with key UK tour operators.
• British Annual Canada Travel Awards (BACTAs), which recognizes excellence among UK travel writers and tour operators in promoting Canada.
Six CSE members from Atlantic Canada participated in Canada Shared this year:
• Village Acadien de Caraquet, New Brunswick
• Roads to Sea Guided Tours, New Brunswick
• Lighthouse Picnics, Newfoundland & Labrador
• Ocean Quest Inc., Newfoundland & Labrador
• Fogo Island Inn, Newfoundland & Labrador
• Celtic Colours International Festival, Nova Scotia
Feedback from the event has been positive; the biggest benefit being the opportunity to meet with UK trade and media to learn more about the market. The quality of buyers in attendance was quite high and future business potential for the region is promising. Existing knowledge of Canada and Atlantic Canada was good, but the event provided the opportunity to improve awareness of the region and its product offerings.
The Canadian Signature Experiences Collection is an inventory of visitor experiences that deliver on Destination Canada’s Keep Exploring brand promise and drive international sales to Canadian tourism businesses. The collection represents large and small companies, rural, urban and remote experiences that are offered to mass and niche markets. For a complete list of Canadian CSEs, visit: http://en.destinationcanada.com/sites/default/files/pdf/sec-ced/cse_memberlist_en_0.pdf